Stakeholder Engagement Committee (SEC)
To develop and implement communication, engagement and fund development frameworks for the Bow River Basin Council.
The SEC's objectives are to:
- Develop materials that educate and engage stakeholders regarding watershed management issues and initiatives in the Bow River Basin.
- Profile the BRBC's initiatives to conserve, protect and improve the waters of the Bow River Basin.
- Encourage dialogue and collaboration among agencies responsible for water management in the Bow River Basin.
Communications, Engagement, Fund Development:
- Hold quarterly forums (three Educational and Networking forums; one Watershed Stewardship forum)
- Prepare the BRBC Annual Report
- Prepare the quarterly Preserving Our Lifeline newsletter
- Prepare weekly News and Events bulletins
- Maintain social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Maintain the BRBC website, including the Bow River Basin State of the Watershed site
- Ensure marketing/outreach materials meet BRBC needs
- Publicize the BRBC through displays at public events
- Organize relevant conferences/workshops that promote the BRBC's activities in the basin
- Monitor membership satisfaction by conducting annual surveys
- Work with members of the BRBC Board or staff to support fundraising
Membership and Meetings
- BRBC Staff: BRBC Executive Director, Deputy Director & Program Manager, Fund Development & Member Services
- There are approximately 10 BRBC members on this committee at any given time
- The SEC Chair is chosen by committee members and endorsed by the BRBC Board
- The committee meets a minimum of six times per year (or as required) and may do so in person, by conference call, or online.
Recently Completed Projects/Initiatives
- West Bragg Creek educational sign
- Social media guidelines
- Publications guidelines
- Updated Terms of Reference
- pdf Alberta's Bow River: Climate Change and Human Impacts (2.38 MB) (2.38 MB)
- pdf Bow River Basin Council Stand Up Display (907.63 kB) (907 KB)
- pdf Bow River Basin Council Brochure (761.03 kB) (761 KB)
- pdf Glacier Fact Sheet Insert (247.86 kB) (247 KB)
Articles of Interest
- pdf Don Barnett - Former Mayer Rapid City, South Dakota Keep them out of the Floodways (229.73 kB) (229 KB)
Join the SEC
Interested in joining the SEC? To learn more, please contact Medini Prasai (BRBC Fund Development & Member Services) at Medini.Prasai@calgary.ca.